The Former Home Of WINC Demolished

The WINC building in Winchester was taken down this week to make room for townhouses.

The radio stations were sold in 2020 and 2021 and now broadcast from other locations.

The facility was built in 1941 and was the home of 92.5 WINC-FM, 1400 WINC-AM, and 104.9 and 105.5 FM, which, in 2000, were known as “Real Classic Rock 104.9 and 105.5.”

The first pic was the former AM studio, where Patsy Cline first sang publicly in 1948.

The microphone Patsy Cline used is still owned by the former owners of the radio station, the Lewis family.

Thanks to Al McGilvray for sharing the pictures.

Similar Posts